Saturday, March 01, 2008

Gimme A Beat!

a song came to me. unbidden its words formed in my notebook. it came at an excellent time. it is award season. perhaps some musical genius with a golden statue to their name will put a tune to the string from my soul...


You played into my life - shades sax and song
I knew right then, you could never do wrong
Even when they talked about you and the girl in the thong
I never wavered, never faltered, my heart to you always did belong

CHORUS:
How could you, Bill, play me like that
Play me like a wii
I tell you this, after all that
You are almost dead to me

"Let me hear you talk about trash about my man," I used to dare
The voices of the haters I would silence with a withering stare
And I kept telling myself that you really did care
That nothing could destroy the dream of you and me as a pair

CHORUS

THE BRIDGE:
With your words you spun a web,
I was your prisoner
My love for you would never ebb
I was your prisoner
Bewitched, bespelled, beyond saving
But you found a way to destroy it, it all caved in

But then you started talking smack, bringing a brother down
My glowing smile at your voice turned into a frown
Remember how, in my eyes, you always wore a crown
Now all i see is a mean, not so fun, clown

CHORUS:
repeat to fade...

thanks to jimmy holla xo, for inspiring me and encouraging me to let it all out.

3 comments:

Carla said...

It's an award winner :-). Now let's just find the right tune.

Simon said...

Hi Pandave,

The song's a winner! Sadly I am no musician so I can't provide the music.

I hope all is well with you.


Winters
x

pandave said...

hey carla! thanks! i know with your help i will find the perfect tune :-)

simon sterwin! soo happy to see you. thanks for the compliment.