Monday, March 17, 2008

My Story And I'm Sticking To It

thursday early morning my phone rings and i don't recognise the number. "hello," i say as i am still groggily wondering who is calling me. i hear a voice respond that i really don't recognise - but since i didn't recognise the number, i am hardly surprised. the voice sounds a little breathless and faint and yet the person is speaking to me in a familiar manner. "i'm in labour," the voice let's me know and then it hits me.
it's my aunt! but she was not due for a couple of weeks. ah well, babies, apparently they do things like surprise us. i leap out of bed and start running in confused circles. how do i find you? i'm on my way! no, don't try small talk, you're in labour. i'll be right there.

my new cousin finally arrived at almost 9 pm, and has been facsinating us ever since. this was him at one and a half days old. he is very generous with the expressive faces. and, it seems, too lazy to cry to often or too hard. i think i have become that obnoxious share pictures with everyone person. but... oh so worth it.

5 comments:

Simon said...

Lovely picture. Nice story.

Thanks, Pandave.
:)

Cover Girl of Doom said...

oh my. oh my i am to cry!

:)

Carla said...

Fabulous photo and what an expressive face. I'm glad all went well.

pandave said...

thank you simon!

cover girl, i am such an obnoxious mother type right now. i think that little man is the most amazing thing ever.

he is so expressive carla. you should see what he does with his face when i kiss him. i think he's warning me to scale it back before i kiss off his features.

Prettylyf said...

Oh he is so beautiful,Pandave! Congratulation to you and your aunt!