Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Pretend That This Is Radio

i find myself once again travelling for work, so i have no means to upload photos (i'm working on getting my dream macbook!) on sunday i ran with the world! well at least that's what nike told me and who am i to argue with nike? so i ran and the world ran with me. for 10 km! how are you world? i myself am tired but super proud of myself. it was the quickest i have ever run 10km (though live video might make me look as though i was going in slow motion) and it was all for some very good causes - charity, community and an cool t-shirt. when i was in primary school, cross country was a 3km run (max 5km) - at 10 km, i must have run, at the very least, an entire continent.

and though i am scratching at the mosquito bites on my arms and grass bug bites on my ankles, it's totally worth it. you shoulda been there. maybe you were. a part of that sea of red that snaked around randall's island. or sao paolo. or johannesburg. and we'll know each other by the medals that double as cool wrist-wear. so you could be sitting on a plane irritated with the guy who's taking up more than half of the arm rest. then you'll look down, see the medal-cum-wristband and you'll be all, hey you ran the race too! then he'll throw his hands up in the air all excitedly and you can take that moment to reclaim arm rest. hah!

1 comment:

Prettylyf said...

Congratulations are in order my dear, girlie!!! Just the other day in Seattle it was 14 miles (?)and now 10k? you go girl!!!

You're too funny, wait for them to lift their arms up in hoooray and reclaim the arm rest??but seriously don't you just loathe those people who take up more than their share...the other day during my flight the woman beside me kept nudging my arm to reset her radio station or volume? I was so riled up because I was busy trying to catch some z's lol