Friday, December 26, 2008

Ho Ho No!!

I was walking past my local drugstore, on my way to the Post Office. It is a route I take often. Since I joined Netflix, it is a route I take more often. As I walked past the drugstore - which I love, not only because it is open 24 hours a day but because the people who work there are so friendly and you can find almost anything there - something caught my eye and made me pause. I took a couple of steps back and then moved closer to the window. I couldn't believe my eyes you see. The new must-have Christmas gift in the window?



Oh... and he had a friend



And the label on the box? "Gangsta Babies". Gangsta written like graffiti and babies was like building blocks. Now... why would this be a great gift for a kid?
First, those are some scary looking babies.
Second, gangsta?
Third, babies?
Fourth - together?

Oh but that wasn't all. How could it be? A couple of days later, I am rushing to work, past the drugstore, so that I can drop off mail before heading into the office, and I see that a label has been added above the Gangsta Baby.

"Pookie"

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

I wish you a holiday season full of wonder!
lots of love and happiness too.

7 comments:

dodo said...

LOL-people come up with all sorts of ideas!
They are indeed scary looking creatures :-)

Best wishes to you too!

Carla said...

That first baby looks like he's got lots of attitude. Glad that neither of them are the real thing. Wishing you lots of love and happiness for 09.

fb said...

How scary are they! I'd do a double take to, they're so scary that you would almost get one just to show other people that the world is a scary place where people come up with scary 'toys'. Thankfully we have the internet so you can just show us without having to get one.

Prettylyf said...

Happy New Year, Pandave!! May it be prosperous and full of blessings and all things great!!!

tjidzani said...

While we are on disturbing topics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74&feature=related

pandave said...

Thanks Dodos!

Carla, can you imagine waking up in the dead of night to that? They look like their eyes glow in the dark. Thanks for the good wishes!

LOL! Too true FB. The internet can be scary enough. Who needs 'real life'?

pandave said...

Thank you Prettylyf! You too!

hahahaha, tjidzani. you have to laugh or else you'll just have nightmares.