Friday, September 22, 2006

At Least He Used Vaseline...

i'll tell you how it all began. it was a cool night, back in 1992. i was in someone's room (cos i didn't have my own television) and the arsenio hall show was on. and he introduced his special guest. i must have heard his name before, i don't know, apparently he was a little famous.

then he came out. in a suit. and shades (not sunglasses, baby, shades). and playing the saxophone. how did he know my achilles heel? how could i not fall in love? who knows what he played (i read later that it was heartbreak hotel -appropriate), all i know is that is when he took my heart. i am still waiting for him to give it back. bill clinton. i have loved him ever since.

oh yeah, sorry. politics. he was a politician (is that ever past tense) and a good one at that. to paraphrase a friend, at least when he screwed you up the ass, he used vaseline. all i know he was dead sexy - with his sax, his shades and smooth talk. and when i heard he was coming to zimbabwe, i had to tell my parents: if he is working the crowd, shaking hands and he says to me, 'round the corner, 10 minutes,' don't look for me because i WILL be round the corner in 5. hillary must have gotten wind of my intentions because all of a sudden she was the one who came to visit. but he feels my energy and he can't resist my pull. and i am patient. i have waited over 10 years and can wait longer. they moved to long island, then he got an office in harlem. i will wait. he'll be in brooklyn soon enough.

7 comments:

sophie said...

I just love Harlem and when I
was there last summer i
stalked his building.

Moby's journal is under
my inspirations with a link:)

sophie said...

hey!!!
hurry over to Moby's site -
you can buy tickets to his
little cool show before anyone
else!!!!

pandave said...

sophie, did ya see him?

awesome. thanks for the link. i am enjoying his journal. i may actually start pretending to have a social life! i hope it's not too late

reb - i know it doesn't make sense to you. but when does love ever make sense. lol! i can dream that soon we'll be the same age. ha!

Oscar Grillo said...

Not as good as the margerine of "The Last Tango in Paris"

Anonymous said...

I've stalked the front of his house in Westchester! I'll email the photo of his front gate if you'd like. ^_-

pandave said...

no, oscar, not as good. that margerine from the last tango in paris stays with you forever...

pandave said...

oooh, erikku! so, um, maybe i can ask for the picture in secret, so no one knows how excited i am...
;)