Saturday, September 16, 2006

It Can't Be Natural

how do people wake up feeling "refreshed"? it's a mystery to me. i wake up feeling totally groggy or less groggy. i am never cheerfully stretching my way into the day. and yet i am surrounded by these so-called morning people - my sister, my roommate, guests who swear up and down that they are not morning people (all a ruse to getinto my house, i tell you). and so invariably i find someone bouncing up and down on my bed, at some ungodly hour of the day, begging me to get up and do something. the only thing i really want to do then is strangle them but that would involve opening my eyes and that would mean i have conceded defeat. "go watch some tv or read a book," i mumble (i try to keep many distractions for the unnaturally chipper in the morning). "give me an hour, please." sister and roommate don't fall for this. they settle down and tickle my ear, stroke my arm, and "sweet-talking" me into madness. broken, i open my eyes and wonder what i did to deserve such suffering. then i wonder what the hell is wrong with these perky people. and these are the same people who will get into bed at 10pm and be asleep in two minutes. nothing will get them up (i have tried). they sleep so easily, they way too annoyingly. i'm just saying - HELP!

4 comments:

Sharon I.A said...

I know that feeling girl! although i am becoming more and more a "morning person" maybe its because i am on vacation

dodo said...

Take a cat as a pet- they need at least fifteen hours of sleep per day!

sophie said...

What a terrific snappy piece of
writing:)

I am a morning sunshiny kind of
person.
I LOVE the mornings!!!
I go to bed really early just so
i can wake up even earllier and
greet the day with blogging,
coffee and papers and poetry!!!!

pandave said...

black dove: at least i know. now i can lock my door when you visit so there is no bounding into my room at unholy hours.

reb: i am unabashedly cranky if the occasion calls for it. i think it is only civilised to allow crankiness until noon, at which point the drinking can begin.

dodos: that is an idea. allergies are the only down side. but that is nothing next to crankiness.

sophie: thanks! because it is 2:13 pm i can laugh at your perkiness. however, at 7am i would probably want to rain down upon the sunshiny you.

but, i am working on the morning thing. i try to ease into the day with a cup of tea and pseudo-deep thoughts.