Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Is Tension The Key?

yesterday i had the absolute best mani-pedicure EVER! i was hanging out in the country with rebekit and mom and we went to the salon for pampering. so i get the "special" pedicure which comes with a massaging chair. so the woman is kneading my calves while the chair is vibrating while kneading my back. and for all the shaking in the chair that i was doing, she still got the nail polish on alright. then i got the manicure AND a mini shoulder massage. bliss.

now, i have no issues or non-issues. nothing seems so bad right now. genocide? famine? pestilence? not a big deal. i'm chilled out man. no tension in my shoulders and i have to keep it that way.

only one thing bugs me today - but in a california, bummer kind of way. why are "as seen on tv" items NEVER as seen on tv? the plush robe was threadbare (from the start) and not even kneelength. the sweeper doesn't clean diddly. the face resurfacing system had my roommate bleeding. and yet i still itch to reach for the phone when she says "call in ten minutes and get the free mini popper free!"

5 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

Love and hatred. (I am testing my new profile vignette)

Oscar Grillo said...

Ahh...By the way...Since you like Catullus poetry...I've visited the ruins of his AMAZING mansion by the lake Garda....Most impressive!

pandave said...

ah oscar! i am so envying you right now. i must put that on my list of places to go. i LOVE catullus's poetry

and the profile vignette rocks. but i know you know that.

Sharon I.A said...

Ok maybe tension is key. Remember i told you that i a took a trip 2hrs out of seattle to destress with a beautiful stone massage at this place called Semiahmoo. it was absolutely devine. But i do have to say it did the trick though i cant go back every time i am stressed as it cost me a good $200 for a 2hr massage. Oh how i wish i was wealthy!

pandave said...

oooh black dove, that sounds divine! rebekit, maybe we do stone massage one of these fine days.

i shall have to see how the proactiv works. maybe i'll try it again. i mean if it works for kelly and jessica, i must be doing something wrong for it not to work on me.

i think we get attached to the pictures, since that is how we see each other and when there is change, there are the things we miss that had become familiar.