Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mamma Mia!

yesterday i danced and danced and danced. it all started when oscar and el editor got me going. today still in my mind over and over again "i don't care if the sun don't shine..." it kept me from strangling the dude on speakerphone in my office. and then after work i packed my bags and headed uptown to dance and dance and dance some more. the most awesomely fabulous dance class ever. top notch teacher and drummers. six of them yesterday and on fire. almost 2 hours of this. there is nothing like it. all you think about is the music and the dance and both make you joyful. it soothes and moves and renews the soul. it makes you believe again. and just before you have a chance to get jaded, you fall into a deep and peaceful sleep.

i must have still been buzzing this morning because as i waited to get a banana and seltzer water, a man told me his life story and how great his job is. and then as he left the store and i wished him a good day, he responded "oh, i'll be alright."

that made me smile and as i walked the half block to work and thought about this nice man who just wanted to let it out (because sometimes that is what you want, no need, to do and it is most fortunate if you can) i passed to fellas on their way to work (i assume). "what a great smile" one commented. "thanks!" responded, thinking - this is how to pay it forward, right? and we wished each other good day. perky perky.

and then i called zimbabwe to make sure that my mother was ready to go to the airport. cos she's coming to town! i pick her up tomorrow night. i convinced her to take a break from her phenomenal farming - seriously, don't those cabbages look like they're on steroids? i am so mega-psyched. i got a coffee maker. i think i'm ready. and until tomorrow... i'll keep on dancing, dancing, dancing! i'm a dancing machine

10 comments:

Prettylyf said...

Seriously finding your blog is one of the best things on my list this year. Your joy is contagious through reading. I feel like standing and doing my happy dance just from reading this.

Darn it those cabbages are gigantic, wow! Props to your mum's great farming skills, she and moms should meet I can tell they'd kick it off. Your mum will be in town tomorrow night? you're blessed, enjoy her and I know you'll have a beautiful time and keeping dancing and paying it forward coz you just did it to me too :)

Have a beautiful thursday!!!

Oscar Grillo said...

Any time, Pancutan!

Oscar Grillo said...

Please pass my salutations to your mum!

Anonymous said...

you really look like your mom!
in a no-time-dimension you are twins,
this, someone told me.

Simon said...

Hello, Pandave. I'm back after a long and complicated summer. It's great to read you again.

And I'm sure you are a splendid dancer.

:)

Carla said...

Those are some crazy looking cabbages. I don't think I've ever seen any so large. Take those to a county fair and you'll be walking home with all the ribbons. Wow! Have fun with your mom.

pandave said...

prettylyf - i am very touched. yes, in the head, but also in the heart. thank you.

i'll enjoy my mom. she is already asking all kinds of technical questions about chimoto and zuva (my plants). i say - i sing and give water. that's all i know.

pandave said...

oscar! i most certainly shall pass on the greetings!

i smile, pavlova. perhaps we shall find an accelerator and test that. that someone was complimenting me too much. i only hope i have her calm. one can always dream.

pandave said...

winters, i have missed your writing. i look forward to the enrichments of long and complicated times.

oh, and i smile splendidly which makes up for all dancing faux pas.

pandave said...

carla, you should see when little kids carry those cabbages. it is fun. and the cabbages tasted wonderful too. i wonder if i could claim that i grew the cabbages myself at that county fair.