Thursday, October 25, 2007

You Talking To Me?

today i hung out over at my friend tu...007's blog and his tale reminded me of my own.

there i was at work and the phone rang. at someone else's desk. i must have been feeling chatty and friendly cos i picked up the call for her and said: "hello, this is pandave, how may i help you?"
"what did you say your name was again?"
"pandave. may i help you?" because sometimes i remember how my parents raised me
"oh, that's too difficult, i'll just call you susan. so anyway blah blah blah, my problem yada yada. and so that's the deal, help me out... hello? hello? is anyone there?
"yes, i'm here."
"so why aren't you responding?"
"um, because i am not susan."
then she had the audacity to exhale frustratedly as though i was the one being unreasonable in the conversation.

and i must have been. how inflexible of me to be so attached to my name. i should have just called her the name that was hopping around in my head.

3 comments:

tjidzani said...

...and I go by TJ...because I guess I'm just not strong enough to deal with their ignorance...

Prettylyf said...

Oh the nerve of some people! Trust me you're not inflexible about your name. I wouldn't want someone to 'give' me a name b/c mine's too hard for them to say. It would've been more courteous had she said asked if you went by a short form or something not brand you friggin susan lol

Have a beautiful weekend, Pandave!

It's going to be November soon..what's your day?

pandave said...

well, tjidzani, it can take a lot. but sometimes folk are just nucular lazy...

yeah prettylyf, like susan sounds ANYTHING like my name. oops... there i go being all touchy about it.

you have a great great weekend. i hope things are okay over there... my day is 22, what's yours?