Monday, November 12, 2007

Come On Day, I'll Take You On

oh my goodness! am i tired! wow! i was kinda tired by eleven a.m. but i had no idea what tired was. i thought maybe another coffee but then i thought, no, pace yourself. first day at work, the last thing you need is the caffeine shakes. and the sky was all grey and it looked as though it was going to rain all day long. but i got to work and there was a package waiting for me. and in it was each day a small victory, a book i am totally looking forward to reading that was illustrated by oscar grillo whose awesome blogs help get me going each day... i was so excited! it was like christmas come early. i was sitting there thinking - should be hating this day but i was smiling.

and then my phone rang and it was my mother, calling to tell me that my super brought me a new fridge. now perhaps i have never told you about the fridge in my apartment, or rather that was in my apartment, but it was older than everyone i know - put together. seriously. and i have been trying to get my landlord to replace it. i was at my wits' end, especially when my fridge also started to weep in frustration - all over my kitchen floor. i called the super in to witness my fridge falling apart. i mean what else was it to do, seeing as it knew it could barely do what it was born to do. the super said, the landlord will never do anything but let me look around and see what i can do. this morning as i walked to the subway i wondered idly if he had forgotten me and if it would seem pushy to call him again. and then i got the fridge! it is not brand new but it's brand new to me and i think it was built in this century. and, i can barely believe it, i think it's frost free. i thought that getting excited over a refrigerator required a spouse and children but, look at me... i am breaking all the stereotypes.

now that i have conquered grey monday, i am going to relish my small victory for about 10 minutes before i pass out because - gosh darn it, today i discovered exhausted. eureka.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Happy, happy, happy...new fridges are great. Especially since the last one was so sad. Enjoy.

Tu said...

Now, I def need to come and see the new fridge.

Oscar Grillo said...

How do you like the book?

pandave said...

thanks carla! it has its quirks but i keep opening the freezer door to marvel and the frost free feature. yes... it's that sad.

mos def tu! come on down!!!

ha! oscar, i rushed home with the book and my mother must have been as excited as i am because next thing i knew the book was next to her bed and now shes going on about flora and fauna and stoats. she better read faster!