Monday, November 26, 2007

To Be Continued...


so i was thinking that maybe with my birthday and all coming about, i would get all deep and meaningful. you know, take some time to test the wisdom of my advancing age and ponder the deeper mysteries of life. perhaps take stock of where i am and reassess where i want to be. i mean, at some point don't we need to get beyond i want to be able to effortlessly touch my toes and do the splits? but no, i find myself resolving to never give up. but there is another issue - what to wish for when i blow out the candles on the cake. now that is really difficult. it has to be something extra special. something that maybe only a wish could make come true. something like:

  1. backstage tickets to every show on the abba reunion tour. maybe they'll let me sing backup or at least play the tambourine and be a true dancing queen.
  2. world peace. or at the very least, change the rules of war. disputes are to be settled through dance. viennese valtz to victory!
  3. i refuse to write effortlessly touch my toes and do the splits here. i don't need a miracle for that, i have yoga. can't waste my birthday wish.
  4. to be so casual and cavalier when i meet bill clinton (and i will meet bill clinton) that he'll have absolutely no idea i have an awesome crush on him. taunt me if you like, the heart (or loins) will do as it will.
  5. hey! are the children covered by the whole world peace thing? because i totally want them to be healthy and happy and not allegedly kidnapped by air workers in chad.
  6. shiny glitzy outfits for my world tour with abba deal. and for that to come with no shame. and an afro wig.
  7. more leisure time. like waaay more leisure time. and then an extra week.

2 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

Are those Friday's footprints?

Carla said...

I hope you get all those wishes. Fabulous thoughts, indeed.