Sunday, February 08, 2009

Awful Camouflage, If You Ask Me

There is a fashion trend sweeping the city that is just a bit beyond me.  Fur.  I try to figure out what the aim is and I just don't get it.  All it does is trigger questions from me.

Without us even going into the issues of how people come about this fur and what animals have to go through.  We live in a world where people pluck and electrocute and laser pretty much all the hair off our bodies so we can steal the hair of another beast's back. 

First of all, if you are caught in a rain or snow storm and your fur coat gets wet, do you smell like wet dog?

And then, um, why?  I am seriously freaked out by the whole beast fur - you know where someone makes a scarf out of, say, a dead fox and the mouth is biting on the tail.  How is this attractive?  And who decided on a for versus your favourite deceased cat or dog?

Oh... and the coats.  Are they supposed to be some kind of camouflage?  So that when the vampires come hunting for the humans, they see massive expanses of fur and think, well what huge ferrets, they kinda look like they have human heads but they must just be mutants.  Let us seek humans elsewhere.  

I don't know.  All that fur around my face would just tickle my nose and get me sneezing all the time.  

6 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

I am considering removing all the hair aronud my chest to make me a fur hat.

Prettylyf said...

I never thought of it that way...you're such a genius. to pluck all hair off of us only to go ahead and get some from some poor animal and I mean some of these animals cannot even live through the experience they have to die for them to obtain the fur. that plain sucks :(

Have a beautiful week!!!

Carla said...

Yep, you know, don't see so much fur around here unless it's actually on a wild animal. And in general we probably have more body hair too...just in case you were wondering.

pandave said...

Haha! Oscar, be careful. Someone might take a liking to that hat and try to put you in a cage to breed some more ;-)

It really does suck, Prettylyf. It all doesn't seem quite worth it, does it. Thanks! The temperatures look encouraging. You have a super week!

And I know it's colder where you are, Carla, than it is here. We have no shame and no excuses. Haha! you are probably more sane too.

pandave said...

Haha! Oscar, be careful. Someone might take a liking to that hat and try to put you in a cage to breed some more ;-)

It really does suck, Prettylyf. It all doesn't seem quite worth it, does it. Thanks! The temperatures look encouraging. You have a super week!

And I know it's colder where you are, Carla, than it is here. We have no shame and no excuses. Haha! you are probably more sane too.

dodo said...

LOL- i loved the vampire angle!