Thursday, April 09, 2009

Cease & Desist

Dear Weather:

I have long understood your power and acknowledge that you are way stronger than I could ever hope to be. You can break the will of entire nations, what hope does little old me have? I believe that I give you the deference you deserve but, if you feel I disrespect you, I apologise. I do try.

I am therefore writing to respectfully ask you to cease and desist your current actions. It was a punch to the stomach when I turned to the window, during yoga class, and saw snow but yesterday was out of order. I mean, it was the 8th of April. We are well into spring and I am trying to deal with the fact that it is still too cold to put away my winter coat. Getting out of bed in the morning to come to work has been difficult enough under grey skies. I have tried to be zen about the splashes of sunlight and decent weather followed by day upon endless day of rain, cold and gloom. I have tried to remain upbeat about it all, and I have tried to convince myself that this is just the normal path to the warmth of the summer months.

But yesterday was clearly a malicious act that not even the weather people had the heart to warn us about (or maybe their crystal balls are defective). We came to work, sans coats and umbrellas and some had even uncovered their pools. And then... SNOW. Weather, how could you. SNOW? You drive us to the edge of sanity. I'm about to fall over the edge. I want to stop talking about you; I want us to live in harmony.

Right now, all I am is demoralised. I have no morals left.

Yours sincerely,
Pandave

5 comments:

dodo said...

We need a new G20 summit to discuss some serious global weather measures... ;-)

Ekwa MO said...

OMG i've missed your blog so much!

Prettylyf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prettylyf said...

What? snow in spring? and I thought SD weather was bipolar LOL

pandave said...

Yes Dodo, one is needed very quickly!

Hey EKS! I have missed YOU!!!

I second that Oscar. It's a good thing then that the weather is taking all of mine away.

Oh Prettylyf, New York weather is Tripolar, or something!