Thursday, March 15, 2007

Home, Home On The Range

well, actually the farm. but yeah,
i'm going home! in a little less than two weeks i am off home for a little less than two weeks.

and where might that be, perhaps you wonder?
ah, just some small country you've probably never heard of.
zimbabwe. well maybe you have heard of it - it is after all the last country in the alphabet. so you can say i want to travel the world, from afghanistan to zimbabwe.
but you know, nothing ever really happens in zimbabwe, young landlocked nation with a massive ego. no, wait, sorry; the ego is just mine. zimbabwe... it's not like you can mosey over to the beeb on any given day and find a story there about it. puhleez!
so i am packing my sunscreen and empty stomach and, for the first time ever, i am going to sleep on a farm. be one with hectares of domesticated nature. perhaps on the first day of jet lag i'll watch my sister do the morning milking. maybe i'll convince my little brother that i am cool enough to be seen running with him. and i am pretty sure i'll spend at least a day watching golf with my mother. and a little time - never enough - sitting with my father. and when the allergies hit out there in the tamed (yet pollen-fileed) wild, it'll be fine because, well, because it's home. and those who witness the swollen eyes, rashy reddened skin and manic sneezing - they love me for who i am on the inside not the scary beast i appear to be. right?

i am psyched! i am going home.

5 comments:

dodo said...

Great news- this is very exciting!
How long have you been away?
I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time in the farm, allergy won't dare to come near you, city-girl!;-)
Are you going to post any pictures in just-pix?

Eric said...

Good for you! Have fun and don't get lost in the vastness.

dearcabbie said...

noooo, you cannot leave me alone in this great big city. Anyway, I am happy for you. But you do know I still need to fix my blog, so your help will be appreciated. WIll contact you ASAP....
Zhezha right? smart move...

fb said...

Safe trip and I hope to see pictures!

Kristi Tencarre said...

ENJOY! enJOY! INjoy!