Sunday, March 18, 2007

Still Working On The Leg Warmers

it's all the rage and once again, i am behind on the trend. i swear, i don't know why i can't be more with the times. i have no excuse. i am not out there finding a cure for aids, though i did have grand ideas and put forward a proposal incorporating gas chromatography when i entered college as a chemistry major. ah, the i can conquer all naivety of youth...

yeah well, so now i really have no excuse. apparently everyone is blogging about zimbabwe and me? i am wasting time talking about inordinately long bus rides. the shame of it all. i tell you, if i had known i would have chosen yesterday to put forward some deep theory substantiated by super-long words. instead, i read a historical romance while trying not to get motion sickness. i hang my head.

but i will own this - before the bbc reported about kubatana blogs, i sent a message to a friend in zimbabwe when i spotted bev clark's view of the people of zimbabwe as birthday cake. i asked her how it feels to be cake (vs. icing or blazing candles). so, even before it was hot, and even though i was not blogging about zimbabwe, i did happen to stumble across a zimbabwe blog.

so does that make me a trailblazer? a woman always ahead of the times? did i somehow wear leg warmers while in diapers but i just don't remember? is this why i am so sensitive to the cold? i'm going to think about it, while i eat some cake.

2 comments:

Tu said...

I feel the same thing.

Sometimes I think we get caught up, in our day-to-day lives. Sometimes in a silly sort of way, we get caught up in our own day-to-day struggles. Which becomes the most relevant thing….

I don’t think it’s a fault.

That doesn’t change what we are and where we come from.

That being said we where given a mouth, I don’t think it’s a good thing that we keep quiet about more relevant issues.

I thought about wearing Green in celebration of Saint Patty’s day! Then I was like, I am not Irish. Green beer on the other hand is not a bad thing, but we are not Irish, Not American, but Zimbabwean. Where people cant afford to eat healthy let alone drink Green Beer.

Thank u for showing that a stone should be thrown, I knw that I for one cannot throw a stone, for I share the same sin….

And so do these other bloggers that actually live in Zimbabwe, where everything is going on, but would evidently rather talk about food cravings, and the cricket world cup …

http://vimfromzim.blogspot.com/
http://rustygate.org/

Maybe blogging is just about us as individuals, and whatever it is we decide to share, for whatever reason…..

I don’t think it’s a fault, but I’ve been thinking about starting another blog, with more relevant issues……!

pandave said...

tu,
you too feel as though you are behind on trends or that you are actually ahead of the times?

oh and i am always throwing stones - my glass house has sooo many holes in it!

i myself did not have a green beer, but instead totally enjoyed a full irish breakfast this sunday. what a treat. no cake, no icing, no candles, just awesome baked beans and sausage... maybe that is what the irish people are - sausage and beans...