Thursday, May 24, 2007

MWAH!!!

i must have been in my early teens or maybe late pre-teens... i used to go to watch movies with my girlfriends - no parents in sight. but this is how it worked. back then when i wished so hard that i was cool.



my father would walk me to the movie house. he would pay for my movie ticket - i suppose to make sure that the movie i wanted to watch was appropriate. i tell myself it is not that my father did not trust me... he just trusted no one around me??



he then gave me enough money for popcorn and a soda.

then he would ask the dude at the window what time the movie ended.



"enjoy the movie, my dear, i'll pick you up when it is over" he would boom. yes, my father was a boomer.


and then

even though i would duck my head

try to step back so i would be out of range

he would kiss me goodbye.



and not a kiss that a desperately trying to be cool could pretend no one noticed.

uh-uh. not my booming dad.

it was a kiss with sound effect "MWAH"

could be heard from across the street.

followed by a booming "see you later my dear."



yeah, i was never a cool teen.
i guess i got a lot of kisses though...

1 comment:

dodo said...

Difficult time late preteens/early teens; it might take the rest of one's life to get over it! (believe me, i KNOW) ;-)