Sunday, July 01, 2007

You Can't Say Macleans Without Smiling!

a few days ago i woke up to pictures of colgate boxes on the television. something about contamination of colgate made in china and a recall. i vaguely registered something about checking our boxes at home to make sure that they were not made in china. my sleepy brain thought, hey colgate is my friend's favourite brand. i went to take a shower, brush my teeth and get ready for work - i work a couple of blocks away from chinatown.

then i got to work and noticed headlines about a ban on fish from china due to contamination. and though - fish stories? no wonder i'm bored.

lunchtime came around and we ordered sushi. it had been a while... it tasted really good.

by the time i got home i had woken up sufficiently to remember that a few months ago i had switched to colgate and i had just opened a new tube. the empty box was in my recycling. maybe my night could get interesting. my colgate might be made in china. i could have a right old mini-panic.

i checked the box 10 times. i know it was distributed by colgate in new york. i almost know the ingredients by heart. no clue where it was made. maybe information like that is only on boxes sent to news stations.

i'll just have to make sure i don't swallow the stuff.

1 comment:

fb said...

tagged.

please see my blog for details.