Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Java

i am easing into monday morning today, drinking my water and checking my bag to make sure i have everything i might need. the usual checklist - wallet, phone, keys. today, an envelope of papers to send to my older brother and lunch (yes, i spent the afternoon cooking yesterday). i have bbc world news on and have just watched a clip about princess diana. oops i almost forgot the sunglasses - i hate when i get downstairs and i have to decide how glaringly bright the sun is. is it worth walking back up to the fourth floor for the glasses?

i have my ipod on and i pick up the remote to turn off the telly and i see the banner - breaking news. i wonder, yet again, are they going to tell me castro is dead (damn you bloggers and your panic-inducing rumours!)? but instead alberto gonzalez has resigned. the man who insisted he wasn't going anywhere; the same alberto that dubya pledged to stand by until the end? to be honest, it was a bit of an anti-climax. i know many were calling for him to resign but i wanted to see him get into just a little bit of trouble first.

but, such better news than "castro is dead". it is a dream of mine to do a trip to cuba under castro. but i have to work out the kinks, the biggest being that this bastion of democracy that i am in doesn't allow me to go and hang in cuba. but after reading the government site on cuba, i know they are doing it for my own good. but when did i ever start doing things for my own good? hell, i have seen people with bleeding feet and still i want to run a marathon

1 comment:

Prettylyf said...

If I can't find my sun shades I freak out. I dare not go out into the sun w/out them b/c i squint so much you'd think it's some form of eye therapy. Last week I had lunch with a gf of mine and somehow forgot my sunglasses in the restaurant, I had to stop call them to ask them to hold them for me then buy replacement ones, today I stopped by the restaurant and picked them, bliss!

Have a beautiful week!