Monday, August 20, 2007

Yawn

so my little brother arrived last night. from zimbabwe. in boston. at about 10:30pm (flight was delayed because it seems people are not happy at heathrow). and he came out about half an hour later - after being photographed and fingerprinted. seeing how he felt to see familiar faces after a 24-hour plus commute, makes my current hysteria so worth it.

he got into his college van and went off to begin orientation before he starts college and i got into my rental and drove back to new york. i hit the highway after midnight and got to my apartment at 4am (in case you imagined a shooting star last night). i was awoken at 6:30 am to be informed by a company trying to make a pickup from me that my intercom is broken.

you know i am thinking perhaps this is a sign. i am getting no mail, and now my intercom doesn't work. should i be going on walkabout?

tomorrow i shall continue to stalk my clever landlord who just doesn't answer the phone and never calls back... unless you owe them money.

but tonight i am not complaining... i think i need some moments of unreachability... until i have to walk down four flights of stairs to let that murphy's law visitor in...

1 comment:

Prettylyf said...

Happy for you, your small brother is here, woot! That's a long drive, you deserve all the rest you can get. Hope your not so clever landlord comes around with some sense in that head lol

Have a mail-ful, intercom-fixed and restful week!