Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday


how was your weekend? i left work on friday and ran a couple of errands - i needed new running shorts and a running skirt (my long pants weren't working so well in the hot humidity). and then i headed home for dinner and music. i remembered that my neighbour was performing at a local bar and so we popped in to listen to him and what a pleasure. he's great. marc anthony... look out!

saturday had me dragging myself out of bed to take a 10 km run. it wasn't fast but i read somewhere that "if it doesn't hurt, then it's called jogging". it hurt quite a bit so it qualifies as running. i got home tired but i had a list of things to do. i took a shower and headed out to shop for a bicycle. i am thinking my knees will thank me for that. i didn't buy anything but i was fitted and checked out the merchandise at two locations. i then went to buy a new pair of running shoes and headed home. i was supposed to pose for a photo project but i ran out of steam. i lay down to take a nap and got up drained. i tidied up a little and then i thought about doing things but my body wouldn't let me. i gave in and then i went to bed.

this morning i got up and dropped off laundry and then i went to the grocery store to get granola. i ambled over to the hardware store to pick up lightbulbs and a lockset. i dropped this stuff home and went to laundromat to wash the items i don't trust the laundromat with. during the load, i went to the cafe a couple of blocks away and had a cappuccino and croissant and read a couple of stories out of the new york times. i headed back and took my laundry home.

then it was time to pull out the lockset and change my locks. i pull out every screw i can see and nothing moves. i google "how to change a lock" but something is amiss. i don't get it. what am i going to do - my door is not looking so good right now. i find a random sentence that inspires me to unscrew a cylinder without fear. everything comes apart and i learn something - my door is made out of metal. and why does that matter? well, the new door knob has screws in different places from the old door knob. sooooo.... so much for the helpful guy at the hardware store. i now have to mix and match on a project i am completely clueless about. fast forward 2 hours - i am left with two doorknobs. one goes in but the other side cannot. i take deep breaths and try again. nothing. i walk away and have a nectarine and try again. nothing. i decide to do my hair and try again. nothing. so now i have a door with one doorknob, damp hair clean laundry.

totally ready for the work week.

5 comments:

Carla said...

And who is that cute kid in the photo? If those eyes don't pull on heart strings, I don't know what does. Good luck with the door knob. Been there, done that and still don't have any advice.

dodo said...

Well, i already feel exhausted just by reading this ;-))

Your jury posts were very enlightening!

Oscar Grillo said...

Life is a beach then.

Prettylyf said...

lol great read!

I love the kid..it's beautiful :)

As of the door knob hope you can figure it out. I moved recently and got a new bed. It's been 3 weeks but am still using the box because I can't figure how to assemble the bed frame.

Your posts rock! Have a great week :) and please send me your e-mail if you can...I need to talk to you or just e-mail me simplenester@yahoo.com

pandave said...

hey carla! that's my little cousin. he's 4 months old and completely terrorised by me... and the elephant.
hahaha thanks. doorknob is still off. i am waiting for a moment of zen to revisit the whole issue.

hey dodo! thanks! i am glad to be of service. i too was enlightened by the experience. it's nothing like tv. but then again, what is?

absolutely, oscar, and sometimes i'm just a whale on it.

thanks prettylyf! i so feel you on the bed too. i find myself getting through 99% of the project and then boom! a little thing i just can't get. but don't worry it will hit you one day and it will be so simple and the bed frame will be together like a snap.

hope to chat with you soon!