Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don't Just Get the Calendar... Use It!!

it must have been a little over a week ago, i went through my archives and realised that on July 22nd, it would be the second anniversary of this here blog. i was all excited and had all these plans to commemorate the day. and guess what? just a few minutes ago i thought, hmmm, when did i start my blog again? when do i qualify for a cupcake and ice cream? well then i am a tad late. i also realised that today i filled in several forms with the wrong date. i know i have problems with dates. it is not a new thing. the thing is, generally, during the week, one day is pretty much like the next or the day before and, well, the weekend is so short, by the time i realise that it's here, it's over. and then, to make things worse, what dates do i really need to know? mom's birthday, two brothers and one sister. in between it's all just a blur where i try to dance and sing and smile as much as possible. and does it really matter what day you do that on?

that said, i do try to get better. i have a calendar on my desk at work - i think i turned it to july (from may) a couple of weeks ago. i have a calendar in my kitchen. i have one on my computer. i set it as the wallpaper on my cellphone. what more can i do? wake up every morning and say - good morning pandave! today is thursday july 31st, have a great day.

in the meantime, i'm going to have a cupcake and ice cream. time is relative, after all, and right now feels relatively like my anniversary!

4 comments:

fb said...

Picture of cupcake and ice cream?

Prettylyf said...

lol you crack me up you! Good morning Pandave..oh..oh..it's actually..good night, Pandave..today is Aug 1st, 2008..that would make tomorrow the 2nd and so on and so forth lol

Ok all those calendars and still you can't tell the day. I survive on my cellphone's calendar online and that's it. But am with you though some of the days are just like the day before and even the day after lol

Happy weekend!

p.s. hope you enjoyed the cup cake + ice cream..yum!!

Carla said...

Yep, and sometimes I look at my calendar and I can't even figure out the date as I don't even know what day it is. How bad is that?

pandave said...

i forgot to take a picture! i'm going to have to get more cake and ice cream then.

thanks prettylyf. loved the treat but, as i just said to fb, i might have to go and get more.

hahaha! i thought of you carla as i woke up this morning, praying really hard that it was friday.