Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Why A Typewriter, Mom??


so sometimes at work, i need a break. to blink, to breath, to be. but what to do?
see, i share an office with my boss and as soon as he hears the click clacking of my keyboard speed up, he asks me what i am up to. apparently, not even i can work as quickly as what he can hear. my dilemma.

you see, i learnt to touch type many years ago. my mom decided that being able to type was very important and she sent me to a woman who thought that "ladies don't chew gum" (but i ain't no lady) and she used a typewriter. an old, manual one. so my lessons involved learning how to bang very hard on a keyboard in order to get anything back. and so now that is how i type. nothing makes it better. i have tried so-called quiet keyboards,but they are still noisy. i have tried typing slowly but my mind tends to move rather quickly when i think sometimes and my rewind button is rather sticky. i have tried wearing gloves when i type but then i hit the wrong characters on the keyboard.

help!

my eyeballs are dry, i am turning blue and i fear i may turn into a pillar of salt if stifled.

4 comments:

Carla said...

So hard to change a habit. My rewind button is rather sticky too. I wonder if it is something specific to particular years. ;-)

Oscar Grillo said...

I saw on TV a Japanese academy that teaches people how to have soup without slurping.

Prettylyf said...

LOL you so crack me up and absolutely make my days with your posts, Pandave!!!

Chewing gum is unladylike? not like I ever tried to be a lady but still..

You must be a great typer if you learned to type using a typewriter. So thanks, mom!!!

dodo said...

Pity you gave up typing with gloves, though- must have been terribly stylish!