Sunday, November 26, 2006

And Why Am I Up Anyway?

4:00 am. that is what the alarm clock next to my bed says. every other timepiece in my apartment says it's 2:55am. it has been weeks. the clock next to my bed is about an hour ahead of probably every other clock in new york. you would not believe the number of mornings i have jumped out of bed in a panic, convinced that i am late for work only to realise, halfway to the bathroom, that it is not even 8am, let alone the 9:06 that is blinking away on the alarm clock next to my bed.

which all begs the obvious question - why the hell haven't i fallen this clock backwards? every other clock in the house does it automatically and perhaps i am subconsciously unimpressed with clock next to my bed. maybe i am thinking that if i punish it for long enough, it will fall in step with the other time pieces. maybe it has its months wrong and doesn't realise that daylight savings time is over.

it would never be because i am too lazy to do it my damn self...

2 comments:

sophie said...

nothing lazy about you:)

maybe once you are up you can
blog...(he-he)

pandave said...

a watch, becks? say it ain't so!!!

well, i will say, sophie that even at my most inert moments, my mind thinks a lot about the things i could be doing...