Monday, November 13, 2006

How Sweet It Must Be...

my great quest in life, no my obsession, what keeps me awake at night. the search for the perfect pouffy pillow. growing up, i had this super-fantastic pillow that my mother assigned to my bed. like a cloud, it was, sleeping on it. for all the sleepless nights i went through, haunted by yet another episode of 'quincy' i had been forbidden to watch, i enjoyed many a night of floating in a wonderful dreamworld.

can it be so difficult to find that perfect pillow? instead i get things like, firm, soft,back-sleeper, side-sleeper, feather, memory foam. who understands all of that? what about pouffy, super-pouffy, will-never-flatten, feels-like-your-head-is-on-a-cloud? instead, i have bought perhaps 12 pillows in the last 4 years, all come with promises of heaven and end up in insomniac hell. sometimes i get lucky and the pillow is good for a week or two then everything falls flat. literally.then i spend the night punching the damn thing, trying to get air and miracles into the pillow. i wake up with pain in my neck, head and mostly in my heart.

i just want to sleep with my head on a cloud. is that asking for too much?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that reminds me of this pillow they always were hawking on TV, yet I can't remember the name of it. It was filled with soybean husks or something...

fb said...

Its almost 3 am here so I'll let you draw your own conclusions about where I stand on pillows tonight/this morning! Arghh must sleep!

pandave said...

erikku...
i am so tempted to try that out but i am trying to resist the charm of as-seen-on-tv products... as i have discovered that they very rarely are... however if i see it in a store...

fb - i promise you that if i find the ultimate pillow i shall pass on the secret to you. ugh! wouldn't it just suck if my meat turned out to be your poison?

dodo said...

Well, last time i tried to find the perfect pillow, the salesperson told me they had it, but it was just that I had the wrong neck...

pandave said...

well said dodos! LOL! that may be what my problem is too... so, do i need a neck pillow then? or do i need to trade my neck in for a better model?