Thursday, December 21, 2006

They Dodged A Bullet

you know what i am doing right now? of course you don't. i am listening to my ipod. and the big deal is? i have speakers on my computer and loads of music but i am listening to my ipod right now because i can. i have not listened to an ipod since two weekends ago when my trusty ipod quit on me. i guess she didn't like her xmas bonus and decided to go and work for someone else or perhaps not... the replacement i received did not work either. was my old ipod spreading horrid stories about me? and apple help was not really helping.

maybe this is why my fuse was particularly short. and cnn really pushed my buttons while it was at it. some reporter referred to zimbabwe as a rat-infested nation of beggars. i mean, if we are going to be comparing rodent populations, i think new york has zimbabwe beat by a mile. so i sat down and wrote a lengthy missive to cnn that, let's be real, probably no one has read yet. so i wrote a second - to increase my odds. i had to. the piece was recorded for anderson cooper 360 - thankfully not by coop himself (i would hate to have to choose between my principles and my future best friend). but that reporter needs to learn, first, the difference between a rat and a field mouse and, second, that, if you are going to claim rat infestation, you need to show us more than one field mouse on screen (one fieldmouse, a rat infestation doth not make). i mean, a million little pieces, the people are not as gullible as they were at the beginning of 2006!

so, i was fired up when i approached the genius bar in the apple store. i made a conscious effort to wear no black and of course today everyone in the apple store was wearing xmas red. my zen genius took the sluggish ipod and said nothing to me. so i did the crossword. and still he moved back and forth, pausing only to tell me that my ipod did not seem anything but supremely happy and perky. so i told him to try to load more files. and i did the sudoku. and still nothing. i said, please try a larger lot of data. and started plotting my attack on apple. and then he came back.

okay, the ipod seems a little sluggish and maybe if we give you another ipod we will be able to tell if the problem is with the ipod or your pc (i could see what he thought was to blame). i took my ipod and you know what?

right now, i am listening to my ipod. norah jones. don't know why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

You have this witty writing style, so very personal. I enjoy very much reading your posts!
That part about comparing rodents is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Hello.

Norah Jones is lovely.

Fly away with me, Pandave. If not, enjoy the festive season, and may the new year bring you great things...

pandave said...

thank you so much dodos!

yes, the rodent part takes a prize. not sure which one just yet.

hello winters!
let's fly, i am all growing wings.
and thanks for the great wishes!