Monday, December 11, 2006

Le Roi Est Mort... Vive Le Roi!!

it seems the gods have not yet been appeased.

almost two years ago i got an ipod - a gift from my poetic friend. i took it to a friend to fill with much music. a few minutes into the whole deal, the ipod stalled. so, i took it back and dude took the thing to the back. he came back and said it was fixed. i said, are you sure and he he looked at me like i was stupid. since he works for apple and i just buy product, i took the ipod home and connected it to my computer, crossed my fingers and made some tea (i couldn't watch). two gig into the deal, just as i was relaxing, sputter, sputter, death.

back in the store, the haughty woman dressed in black took my ipod and loaded test data on it. of course nothing happened. so she asked - mac or pc? she rolled her eyes - well, i can't really help you if you use a pc, there is nothing wrong with the ipod, the problem must be with your pc or your connector cables. buy new cables and try again or, even better, you might want to think about getting a mac. she looks behind me to help the next customer but i am not moving. i said to her, i am not a techie but i do know that today is the last day i can get an exchange on my ipod. i also know that there is nothing wrong with my pc and that the thing was fine for a while but then it died. so she repeated herself - nice and slowly, just in case my pc brain couldn't quite get the intricacies of inferior computing. to which i responded, if you can't help me then why does the ipod claim to be for mac AND pc? and, no matter how many times you say it, or how many more of your dressed-in-black coworkers you bring to back you up, i am still convinced that there is something wrong with this ipod that i am bringing in for the second time for being faulty. frustrated and perhaps made nervous by the lengthening line that i am completely ignoring, she calls the manager. he is friendlier and seems to be listening as i speak to him of doofies and thingies. he then explains that the test data that they generally use is about half a gig but, from what he has heard, he will try to load a larger file onto my ipod and see what happens.

10 minutes later he is back. apparently my totally irrelevant because i use a pc and am dressed in pink opinion is spot on. at 2 gig, the ipod crashed. so i got a new one and, yesterday, the ghost of the black outfit came to haunt me. the hard drive was spinning loudly and clicking away and i got a sad face on my display. well, ghost, haunt me all you like cos the joke's on you! i have apple care. 30 minutes and one apple care call later, they are going to replace my ipod. and i am going to wear my rainbow-hued dress as i plug it into my pc. so... take that!!!

and, um, yes, that is a macbook on my wishlist...

3 comments:

sophie said...

i would love an ipod but
alas no no no money:(

a mac would be delightful too
as it has garage band and my
little guy would love that -
perhaps we can visit and play
with yours one day:)

fb said...

So Applecare is worth it...

pandave said...

sophie, i got lucky and received the ipod as a gift. but, i am not off to india either!

oooh and please wish for me to get a gift of a macbook! right now i am totally pc!

fb, if you have my tekarma, any care is worth it!