Monday, July 09, 2012

Pass Me the Fruit... Juice

My path to greatness and eating more real food involves a whole lot of walking and a whole lot of walking ends up involving coming across a lot of strangers. I also come across way more than my share of dog poop and pee and find myself wondering which season is worse for dog poop. Is it summer, when it hangs out, steaming and and stinking up the block, or is it winter, when you have no idea it is under the snow until your foot is right in the middle of it? It is a question I have not yet answered.

Today, as I walked along the street I watched the traffic light turning from amber to red and then heard a car honking loudly. I looked to my left to see a yellow cab speeding toward and then right through the intersection, yep, right past the red light.

My lesson for today: apparently it is okay if you break the rules of the road, as long as you honk loud and long first.

3 comments:

dodo said...

Breaking rules is practically everyone's favorite game in Athens lately :-(

pandave said...

I guess it is something making the rounds... do you think it's in the water? :-(

Prettylyf said...

Crazy NY can drivers. And here I thought California drivers were bird flippin' honking maniacs