Monday, July 16, 2012

Not Before My Coffee Please

A few months ago, I was heading into work, as I tend to do most Tuesday mornings. I had ridden the train without incident (probably because I slept almost all the way) and I was now walking up the stairs that run from the subway platform to maze of corridors that runs under the Rockefeller Centre. As I looked up, in a haze of non-caffeinated sleepiness, I saw something unexpected. A butt crack and a heck of a lot of it. Had I been standing behind someone bending down to pick up something, I would not have been surprised - sometimes when bending over, clothes do not act as they should. But, this extensive butt crack belonged to an erect body that was casually walking up stairs. This was no inadvertent plumber's crack. This was more like - I bought a pair of jeans that only comes halfway up my hips because I want the world to share the love of my body.

As I walked behind this woman, who was not even wearing the long tops that women wear (and spend the day pulling down) when they know that they are wearing pants that tend to fall down and expose their behind, I wondered what, if anything, I should do. I was torn - should I say something or did her cavalier attitude mean that this is how she wanted to look? If no one else was reacting, did this mean that I had missed yet another fashion trend? Was this like a skirt stuck in underwear or more like someone trying to be the next Lady Gaga?

Gah! I couldn't! (she got further away from me) How was I supposed to think before 9am? (I would have to yell or run to get her attention) Without any caffeine? (now she had disappeared into the crowd) Doesn't the world know yet that I'm not a morning person?

1 comment:

Prettylyf said...

LOL definitely not a morning person. I can see how that would be too much to handle without morning caffeine in the system