Sunday, February 04, 2007

Always An Addiction

so i went out to buy some onions and salt and decided, because at somewhere below freezing, it was a beautiful day warranting a walk over to barnes and noble. by the time i got there, i couldn't feel my face and was wondering what had gotten into me. but i walked in and thought, i'll just go over to the magazine section and see what's new. i won't go downstairs or anything - i don't need new books. but between the magazine section and the front door, there were a whole bunch of books. who thought of putting those there?

by the time i got home i had two barnes and noble bags - how did that happen? - and i am now the owner of:
  • adrian mole and the weapons of mass destruction - to add to my collection
  • love, a novel by toni morrison - well, because it was there and it was toni morrison
  • the cool girl's guide to crochet - because i am eternally striving to be cool and what is cooler than crochet
  • drive and learn french - and no, i do not drive
  • drive and learn italian - i also have a problem learning
  • the indispensible calvin and hobbes - because i have long loved calvin and hobbes
  • the essential calvin and hobbes - because if you love something you must have the essential
  • cosmopolitan - ahem, how did that get into my bag, kai?

and what does this say about me, apart from i should not be let loose in a bookstore? thank goodness i couldn't find a basket to help me carry my books.

3 comments:

Eric said...

I find I have the same problem in FYE. Next time, go with only $20 in cash. ^_-

pandave said...

i think i shall have to try that. right now i am hiding my books because i feel guilty... lol!

dodo said...

And do you still have a place to put your new books? ;-)