Sunday, October 29, 2006

I'm On The Market


thank you kai, for the sketch...


i'm looking for a wife. not one of those new-fangled latest model types. uh-uh.. i want me a good old-fashioned wife. you know - the kind that will have a hot breakfast at the table as i zip out of the house, in too much of a hurry to do more than grab a glass of orange juice. the kind that will offer me the three massages i need as i stagger through the front door (yes, i will have a back door too) after a gruelling day at the office - back, foot and ego. i won't have to worry about wasting my weekends running errands, cleaning house or doing laundry - i'll have a wife. you know when you have one of those, somehow these things are miraculously done. and if they are not, you can say things like -i can't believe that i work so hard and have to come home to a messy house! where is my favourite shirt? don't tell me you didn't pick it up from the cleaners.

my nearest and dearest know that i have been wanting a wife (i am willing to settle for a girlfriend who performs wifely duties) for a while now. lack of success in finding one has led me to this public appeal for assistance. i want my weekends open. i want my personal masseuse waiting for me when i get home. i want to roll out of bed, get in a round of golf, read the paper, watch the game, in a spotless home, surrounded by my two and a half kids as my wife rubs my shoulders. i work damn hard, it's the least i could get back.

this is an equal opportunity position, i will not discriminate based on gender, race or religion - only on how well you cook, clean and can cater to my every desire.
so, um, send in your applications. this laundry isn't going to fold itself.

7 comments:

Vile Blasphemer said...

A wife like that would make me nuts- no one does the laundry but me.

sophie said...

whoa -
that sure isn't me:(

i will take a PICTURE of
the dirty laundry but i won't
DO it.

nope.

sorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Anonymous said...

What's the pay? Any benefits? Health insurance at least?

pandave said...

vile... if you can cook, clean and do everything else, we can still negotiate. laundry.bz can pick up the dirty clothes.

yeah, sophie, i'm with you 110%

well erikku, pay the same premium rate earned by any other wife. i can guarantee health insurance, the company has a good rate.

dodo said...

My guess, you're asking to much...

Vile Blasphemer said...

I'm a mean cook, but I hate cleaning- I sometimes just hire out a service.

pandave said...

i am all for cleaning services. i can build a mean shelf but i still have not figured out how to maximise the utility of a swiffer...