Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Want Mine!

i'm excited, and i'll tell you why. today, in the mail, i received a big, bright organge envelope. for a second, i thought - parking ticket? how can this be, i don't have a car to park - but i had to wait to take a closer look because a kind gentleman was holding the door open for me. thank you sir. well, i get into my apartment and look. voter information! haha!

this year i am voting in a national election for the first time ever. i am excited - did i say that before? up until earlier this year, all i could do was encourage everyone i knew to take advantage of the privilege, which should be a right, that they have to vote. for, up until earlier this year, for one silly reason or another, i have not had that right to vote either in my country of residence or citizenship. but right now, i am a registered voter and i am probably the only person who is happy when those local politicians stop me to give me a flyer and talk about what they want to do for me.

i think i am going to call the board of elections and ask them to have special purple ink at my polling place. i too want to wave a purple finger so everyone can see that i finally know what democrazy is.

5 comments:

fb said...

Tell me more about you please.

Where does your Blog name come from?

How do you know Rebecca?

And if I'm being nosy tell me!

pandave said...

well, if you asked me where the bodies are buried, then you would be nosy.

i met rebecca in boxing class and what a spot of luck that was.

my blog name - my father had a boat (a little one) and he decided to name it after the women in his life (his wife and two daughters). patricia (mother), ndakaitei (my middle name) and veneka (little sis) became pandave. and that name has its own meaning - pandave means where i am now.

or maybe you were just asking where from geographically... it is a shona word, from zimbabwe.

out of my superhero clothing, i am just rumbi - rumbidzai (see that rebecca?)

Oscar Grillo said...

Democracy is just a good idea. Like God and Superman...Useful in some cases...Joie de vivre is better

pandave said...

yes oscar and you don't need to register for that:
le roi est mort
vive la joie de vivre!

pandave said...

ooh, goodness, reb, serious? moi?

well from one declared smart woman to another, thank you rebecca, smart woman.

and yeah, cat's hat's out of bag but maybe no one will notice...