Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wooley Woo!!!


my first masterpiece - the wooley woo. art was the one subject that failed in high school (can you tell?) and when i say fail, i mean, with flair and a whole lot of class. came last. apparently, i "failed to see an apple." well, in 2003 i went out and got me one of those anyone-can-draw books and my first project was the wooley woo. i know rebekit would scribble it together in like 5 seconds, but this took time. and focus. can't you see how sad he looks? sorry for me cos it took me that long to put him together.

ah yes, the second one that brought me back down to earth. completely lifeless and you can see the agonising effort in every line. i was on a high from wooley and then this "landscape"... lol! i wonder where that anyone-can-draw book is now???

3 comments:

Elliot Cowan said...

it is not so bad.

pandave said...

thanks elliot. words like that will get me "inspired" anew. i think i am going to dig up that anyone-can-draw book and give it another shot...

pandave said...

definitely digging up the book. you have unleashed the demon!!!